Spilt beer on my keyboard and... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> General Hardware Issues

Phil K -> Spilt beer on my keyboard and... (4/10/2004 10:15:15 AM)

Well, I did. Now certain keys wont work. I am at present using an old Microsoft keyboard which isnt good because one of the legs at the back is broken off so it needs stuff under it for balance ! Is there a way to clean it safely (serious answers please not predictably gormless ones !)[:o)]

vbguru_12000 -> RE: Spilt beer on my keyboard and... (4/10/2004 3:50:09 PM)

How old is the keyboard? Particularily do the keys click loudly when you type? If it is new, and doesn't click really loud, you should be able to wash it in the dishwasher. Just make sure you use cold water and don't put a dry cyle on. And obviously unplug it first. You never know, somepeople are pretty dumb.

MP3Mogul -> RE: Spilt beer on my keyboard and... (4/10/2004 4:10:05 PM)

The "Old" MS keyboards DEFINATELY CANNOT BE WASHED IN THE DISHWASHER, and I don't recommend this on ANY keyboard, as USB Keyboards particularly have an on-board circuit card installed in them, and if they get wet, you buy another Keyboard!!!!!!!!

vbguru_12000 -> RE: Spilt beer on my keyboard and... (4/10/2004 4:32:55 PM)

Yes that's true, but the newer PS/2 should be able to. And if not, it won't matter because you need a new keyboard anyway.

Laffin Assassin -> RE: Spilt beer on my keyboard and... (4/10/2004 5:37:38 PM)

Hardly any Keyboards will resist liquid so I suggest you purchase a new one and stop drinking near the computer !!! [:D]

MP3Mogul -> RE: Spilt beer on my keyboard and... (4/11/2004 1:34:12 PM)

Or get a bib!

Laffin Assassin -> RE: Spilt beer on my keyboard and... (4/11/2004 4:07:29 PM)

ROTFL !!! [:D][:D]

Laffin Assassin -> RE: Spilt beer on my keyboard and... (4/11/2004 5:07:07 PM)

Seriously Phil with the price of Keyboards being so low I wouldn't even think of trying to repair it just get a new one as you can get them now for less than 5 !!![:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
6.201172E-02