InCd hangs on completion of format Win 98 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing

jockstrap -> InCd hangs on completion of format Win 98 (4/10/2004 1:09:02 AM)

I have been trying to resolve a problem with InCd hanging at the end of a format. The disk just keeps running along with the hard drive.

The burner is an Optorite DD0201 Os Win98 SE.

I have tracked down the problem to InCd Easywrite reader current version when not installed format works fine ( using the latest version of InCd as in the sticky post).

I tried installing Adaptec UDF reader but that just crashed my whole system.

vbguru_12000 -> RE: InCd hangs on completion of format Win 98 (4/10/2004 2:00:58 AM)

Do you have any other packet writing software installed? Particularily Roxio software? These can cause problems and you are better off without them.

jockstrap -> RE: InCd hangs on completion of format Win 98 (4/10/2004 6:31:24 AM)

Thanks for the reply ....

No I have never installed any cd burning software as this was my first burner purchase. The only program that has writing abilities is Real Player but I think there is an additional download required before it can be used to burn. The only other software installed is Sonic Mydvd which also came with the drive.

I have been struggling with this for over a month now including returning the drive.
Updated motherboard drivers IDE drivers ASPI and everything else offered on Nero's website for Win98 ....

I should of said I am using Nero 5.5 that was distributed with the drive and updated from the Nero site. Also Firmware updated to latest version.

dburg -> RE: InCd hangs on completion of format Win 98 (4/12/2004 3:08:20 PM)

Could it be that Sonic DLA is installed on your system? This could be conflicting with InCD.

Btw, you are using InCD 4.1.5.10 and EasyWrite Reader 4.0.0.19, are these versions right?

jockstrap -> RE: InCd hangs on completion of format Win 98 (4/12/2004 5:11:29 PM)

easywritereader4.exe which I downloaded from http://www.nero.com/en/631977199298978.html

Incd is the version you stated.

I forgot to mention Arcsoft Showbiz which was also packaged with the drive is also installed.

SONIC install log below

Removed due to length can email if required along with Nero Info file

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI