HDAdvance won't format my HDDs (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles

zograme -> HDAdvance won't format my HDDs (5/5/2006 7:33:56 PM)

Hi,

I'm getting pretty tired of trying again and again... [image]http://www.austech.info/images/smilies/new/confangry.gif[/image]

I just bought HDAdvance 3.0 and the ethernet adaptor a few days ago, and I just CAN'T format either of my disks. I've tried with two MAXTORS (120 and 160 Gigs), and HDAdvance keeps saying "failed to format hdd", wether I put them formated in ntfs, ps2 with winhiip, with no partition at all!!!
Of course, my HDD were set to MASTER, so I'm just getting out of solutions...

Please help for I'm gonna go crazy$$$$$ [image]http://www.austech.info/images/smilies/new/lsvader.gif[/image] [image]http://www.austech.info/images/smilies/new/axe.gif[/image]

HELP!!!!!!!

Antonio -> RE: HDAdvance won't format my HDDs (5/6/2006 5:30:08 AM)

I think modfreak will help you.[:)]

zograme -> RE: HDAdvance won't format my HDDs (5/6/2006 5:52:23 AM)

Yeah, but what is modfreak? 

emperor -> RE: HDAdvance won't format my HDDs (5/8/2006 4:45:02 AM)

alternative you can try to format your HDD under windows with WinIIP

ModFreak -> RE: HDAdvance won't format my HDDs (5/8/2006 6:55:13 AM)

I haven’t used the HDAdvance 3.0 before, so I don’t know what kind of format is using on the HDDs… but I think that if you convert the HDD to PS2 format with the WinHIIP it should be ok. So format the HDD and install a game with the WinHIIP and check if it can be recognized by the HDAdvance 3.0.
Good luck…

[image]local://upfiles/23790/5007FB37F51F433DA520B0FD55FDCF71.png[/image]

zograme -> RE: HDAdvance won't format my HDDs (5/15/2006 8:55:37 PM)

So you are modfreak [:D]

Well, I've effectively tried with Winhiip, and it failed... My hdd's are maxtor 120 and 160 GB, which are known to work perfectly in compatibility charts!!! :s

Maybe I didn't use the good partiton system... Should I choose toxic os, or 48bit standard?

Which HDD do you have in your ps2?

NB1: I don't have the installation software normally supplied with ps2 ethernet adapter, could it be the reason?

NB2: Once my hdd are ps2-formatted with Winhiip, hdadvance dump (on my pc) recognizes it, and allows me to transfers iso files, but hdadvance still asks me to format them, and then crashes...

That's simply astonishing......

ModFreak -> RE: HDAdvance won't format my HDDs (5/16/2006 3:40:12 AM)

Try the 48bit mode on the 160GB HDD, then if it won't work format the 120GB to FAT32, use Partition Magic to do this, and check if you can use it as FAT32 with the HDAdvance 3.0.
Currently I have a Seagate 120GB HDD in my PS2 but I use the HDLoader or the ToxicOS for playing the games.

NB1:  You do not have to install anything from the supplied software.

Try also different HDDs, Seagate or Western Digital, ...if possible…[8|]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI