navigation system for mobile phone (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> Mobile Devices

connor -> navigation system for mobile phone (4/22/2006 5:36:38 AM)

I am looking for a navigation software which I can use on my mobile phone. Can somebody inform me about where I can get a good one and a cheap one as well. My phone is a sony ericsson 750i.

Antonio -> RE: navigation system for mobile phone (4/22/2006 5:58:59 AM)

Only the software? Does your phone has a GPS?

Take a look for GPS for mobile phones:

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Home.aspx?CategoryId=11

connor -> RE: navigation system for mobile phone (4/22/2006 6:43:41 AM)

I have bought a GPS receiver, I only need a good software and cheap as well. 

Antonio -> RE: navigation system for mobile phone (4/22/2006 8:10:18 AM)

ok [:)]

I think emperor is invloved with such stuff.

vitation -> RE: navigation system for mobile phone (4/30/2006 11:26:04 AM)

Hey Connor ,

Regarding the software ..The one which i am using right now is called NAV4ALL and it can be downloaded for free from their webisite until 15th of August..I think it is quite OK ,works worldwide and it is easy to be used....Having in mind that it is for free i think it is worth trying it ..I personally had some doubts ,because it is a new and unfamiliar product ,but as Tomtom was too expensive for me i decided to put up with what`s left ..Good for me ,it turned out that it is not that bad ..I gues that it is a matter of promotin..

You have to check whether it is compatible with your phone ,but i think there will be no problem..

connor -> RE: navigation system for mobile phone (5/3/2006 4:45:47 AM)

hey thanx for your advice www.nav4all.com their software is great man. thanx again

emperor -> RE: navigation system for mobile phone (5/5/2006 6:47:52 AM)

the only navigation software i am aware is for Series 60 Symbios mobile phones. I don't know if there is a related software for K750 (i own it too), probably in JAVA...

margy -> RE: navigation system for mobile phone (5/19/2006 1:48:15 PM)

yeah, i'm also using nav4all for a week or so, and i think the programme is alright.. it's not as fancy as tomtom, but it serves well as a GPS navigator... it's a bit simplified and has 2D maps but the cool thing is that it downloads only needed maps, thus you're not left with traffic of unwanted areas for which you'll have to pay anyways...

vitation -> RE: navigation system for mobile phone (5/27/2006 7:42:22 PM)

wow ,so many users of this software ...i thought i was not that popular ,but i guess i was wrong :)
i have been using it for a couple of months now ,but not every day ,just when i travell and i still think it is ok ..the maps are good and it is easy to use ..but guys don`t you think that it is a little too expensive to use ? i talked with some friends who use tomtom and they explayned me that nav4all definitely tries to compensate for its free download with expensive on-going prices ..what do u think?

emperor -> RE: navigation system for mobile phone (5/29/2006 7:30:46 AM)

the problem would be that there are no maps for Greece, so we cannot use it

vitation -> RE: navigation system for mobile phone (6/6/2006 2:46:40 PM)

i think it should have maps of Greece ,as the phone downloads the maps directly from a satelite :) 

emperor -> RE: navigation system for mobile phone (6/9/2006 3:39:46 AM)

probably the phone download via GPRS maps from a website or google earth

margy -> RE: navigation system for mobile phone (7/6/2006 5:11:19 PM)

I think the program somehow live-streams the maps from the internet... it downloads it on the spot.. However, the bad thing about the program is the user-friendliness and interactivenss of the maps. They are 2D and it seems like tomtom outbeats them in this area... :s

vitation -> RE: navigation system for mobile phone (7/6/2006 6:01:08 PM)

well yeah ..i know about the maps and u r right indeed-there is much space for improvement ..but in the end this a software with a free download and i don`t think at this point we can expect that much from it ..:)
but what sometimes bothers me is the price -the data is sometimes too much and it downloads it for a long time.i guess it depends on the provider ,but is really unpleasant

felix -> RE: navigation system for mobile phone (10/13/2007 3:42:36 AM)

hi, folk. are you looking for a navigation software based on mobile phone,right ? you got it.http://www.destinatortechnologies.net/us/products/index.html
right now i'm working with this company as a QA engineer in beijing of china, and at the present time we are developing the lastest navigation system based on moto's future mobile phone which codes DYD and which is going to be released by the end of year maybe.any question and confused , please feel free to ask me. you konw i'm a guy who dedicate the navigation system industry.
if anyone wants to get a free navigation software for mobile phone, be happy to let me konw, i will give your feedback ASAP

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI