DVD -R DISC PROBLEM (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media

JOSROS60 -> DVD -R DISC PROBLEM (1/28/2006 5:14:35 PM)

Hi, i am new member of this forum.

I need help if anybody can help me, i have a Sony DVD writer Q30a model dual layer, the problem that i have i bought some DVD -R and will not recognize it, when i go to windows/explorer it shows the DVD -R logo but it won't open it, i tried in my son laptop and work fines (By the way i have windows sp with sp2 installed)
Does anybody know what the problem my be?
Thank you

Antonio -> RE: DVD -R DISC PROBLEM (1/28/2006 6:00:22 PM)

Welcome!

It is possible your current firmware, of the drive, not to include those media you got in its media supported list. A more recent firmware might help. What media are they? Brand and ID would be helpful.

Btw your Sony is a OEM SHW-1635S.

JOSROS60 -> RE: DVD -R DISC PROBLEM (1/28/2006 7:54:21 PM)

quote:

Sony is a OEM SHW-1635S.

YES IT'S Sony is a OEM SHW-1635S. WHERE CAN I GET THE LATEST FIRMWARE, AND HOW DO I INSTALL IT?

THANK YOU

SithTracy -> RE: DVD -R DISC PROBLEM (1/28/2006 8:05:12 PM)

The Firmware page is a good start.

JOSROS60 -> RE: DVD -R DISC PROBLEM (1/28/2006 9:17:10 PM)

Hi,
thanks for your reply, i click your link for the firmware for my sony dvd but i  do not know which one is for my Sony is a OEM SHW-1635S.

the problem it can not read blank dvd -r i want to burn something and will not read it.

thanks

Antonio -> RE: DVD -R DISC PROBLEM (1/29/2006 7:00:51 AM)

Hmmm, it seems that Sony has no firmware for this drive, only the one from the release. Probably this is also the reason of your problem. The first firmware always needs update from the manufacturer.

If I were you I would try to crossflash my Sony with a LiteOn firmware. Do you want to do this?

JOSROS60 -> RE: DVD -R DISC PROBLEM (1/29/2006 10:53:49 AM)

Thanks again,

yes i  will do it, but is there any cons by doing this? and how will i do it and what does it do?

thank u

SithTracy -> RE: DVD -R DISC PROBLEM (1/29/2006 3:56:37 PM)

Sure there are cons to cross-flashing.  Sony will no longer support the product... likely they would not support it anyway.  I don't own a Lite-on based drive, but you may have better luck as cdrlabs.com has a forum dedicated to LITE-ON/Sony drives and you may find more information searching that forum.  Not a whole lot of LITE-ON users post here.

JOSROS60 -> RE: DVD -R DISC PROBLEM (1/29/2006 11:29:06 PM)

thanks again Anthony,

i went into cdrlabs.com and i coudn't find firmware for sony Q30A, do you have any idea where i find it.

thanks you

because my dvd read dvd +r but dvd -r

Antonio -> RE: DVD -R DISC PROBLEM (1/30/2006 4:40:44 AM)

maybe here:

http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html

emperor -> RE: DVD -R DISC PROBLEM (1/31/2006 3:46:56 AM)

You can keep a backup of your "old" firmware before cross-flashing to LiteON, so there wouldn't be any support problems, in case something happens just flash the old firmware back [;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI