Rocket Scientist Seeks Job Via eBay ! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Science and Tech

SiliconFreak -> Rocket Scientist Seeks Job Via eBay ! (1/20/2006 5:21:30 AM)

Frustrated because hunting for work the old-fashioned way proved fruitless, a recent engineering grad is seeking a new job--and asking prospective employers to bid on his salary--via an auction on eBay.

"Hello, I am seeking an employer for my engineering services," John Davis wrote in his eBay posting. "After a summer of job hunting to such places as Northrop Grumman, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and Raytheon as well as Callaway Golf and Taylor Made Golf I was only contacted for one interview…I hope that there is someone out there that takes this seriously as I am an extremely dedicated worker who just needs to get his career going."

Davis wrote that he's a recent graduate of the University of California at San Diego, where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering. "I graduated in June 2005 with a GPA of 3.021," he noted.

In his eBay auction listing, which began Monday and ends on January 27, Davis set the starting bid at $46,725.75. So far, there have been no bids for Davis's services. He's hoping to snare a position at an aerospace company working on space applications or on unmanned aerial vehicles, or at a golf manufacturing company. ("I am an extremely avid golfer," he adds.) 

Full story...

Source : TechWeb

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.489258E-02