Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification (December 2005) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Microsoft News

WinThusiast -> Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification (December 2005) (12/9/2005 9:06:56 AM)

On 13 December 2005 Microsoft is planning to release:

Security Updates
2 Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft Windows. The highest Maximum Severity rating for these is Critical. These updates will require a restart. These updates will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (MBSA).

Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
Microsoft will release an updated version of the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool on Windows Update, Microsoft Update, Windows Server Update Services and the Download Center.

Note that this tool will NOT be distributed using Software Update Services (SUS).

Non-security High Priority updates on MU, WU, WSUS and SUS
Microsoft will release two NON-SECURITY High-Priority Updates on Windows Update (WU) and Software Update Services (SUS).

Microsoft will release three NON-SECURITY High-Priority Updates on Microsoft Update (MU) and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)

Although we do not anticipate any changes, the number of bulletins, products affected, restart information and severities are subject to change until released.

At this time no additional information on these bulletins such as details regarding severity or details regarding the vulnerability will be made available until 13 December 2005.

Source : Microsoft Security

major9686 -> RE: Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification (December 2005) (12/9/2005 10:54:03 AM)

I havent got any new security or other updates for about 3 months I think :(
why is that ?
I do the normal windows update but it shows no availble updates for me :(
I have SP2 ..

MP3Mogul -> RE: Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification (December 2005) (12/9/2005 3:23:46 PM)

I've been getting them just fine...

major9686 -> RE: Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification (December 2005) (12/10/2005 1:42:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MP3Mogul

I've been getting them just fine...

this is the last update Ive downloaded I think ..
Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
it was a long time ago ..
since then .. I didnt got anything :(

also .. on the right side of the update page on IE I got this message Under the title News :
Upgrade to Microsoft Update. Automatically receive updates for Windows, Office and more Windows XP users: new security updates are now available for SP1 and SP2 only

MP3Mogul -> RE: Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification (December 2005) (12/10/2005 7:42:55 AM)

Correct, you'll now need to download and install Microsoft Upgrade to get your updates!  It's supposed to get all Microsoft updates (all their software) from that location.  However I have noticed that it does not get office updates, I have to go to office updates to get them.  Other than that it works just fine.

SiliconFreak -> RE: Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification (December 2005) (12/10/2005 8:30:34 AM)

Maybe major9686 doesnt have original XP's....and thus...didnt want to install Microsoft Upgrade...[8D][:D]

Otherwise...it works fine for me...[;)]

major9686 -> RE: Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification (December 2005) (12/11/2005 4:58:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MP3Mogul

Correct, you'll now need to download and install Microsoft Upgrade to get your updates!  It's supposed to get all Microsoft updates (all their software) from that location.  However I have noticed that it does not get office updates, I have to go to office updates to get them.  Other than that it works just fine.

well .. got it .. but it still doesnt shows any high priority (security) updates :(
just some other device and software stuff that I dont wanna download .. ..

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI