InCD and multiple accounts in Window XP (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing

foxy -> InCD and multiple accounts in Window XP (12/25/2003 1:50:06 PM)

The problem is that when I log on in one account at my PC in WinXP, then switch to another user and finally try to log off from this "another user", InCD does not end properly. I've got a message "Ending the programme...". And also now InCD takes 70-90% of CPU resources while runing on a second account ("another user"). It looks like the programme does not work properly under multiple accounts in WinXP. Any suggestion?

sp -> RE: InCD and multiple accounts in Window XP (12/26/2003 2:14:34 AM)

Let's hope David from Ahead is reading these forums these (happy) days:)

SynthesisDS -> RE: InCD and multiple accounts in Window XP (1/8/2004 1:44:34 AM)

I am experiencing the same thing when using Fast User Switching on XP, although I don't receive the "Ending the Program.." notification. InCD pegs the CPU at 99% until I kill the offending process. Hopefully there will be some sort of fix soon, as this is a very annoying problem.

MP3Mogul -> RE: InCD and multiple accounts in Window XP (1/8/2004 2:23:02 AM)

This is because Ahead's burning programs (InCD included) require administrator access to write to a disc...

foxy -> RE: InCD and multiple accounts in Window XP (1/8/2004 2:33:24 AM)

Well, and what? Could you build on this?

SynthesisDS -> RE: InCD and multiple accounts in Window XP (1/8/2004 2:49:03 AM)

quote:
Originally posted by MP3Mogul

This is because Ahead's burning programs (InCD included) require administrator access to write to a disc...

All of the accounts on my machine have admin rights, and no one tried to write to a disk. It is the background process (incd.exe) that causes the problem when it starts another copy of itself when a second user logs in with fast user switching.

MP3Mogul -> RE: InCD and multiple accounts in Window XP (1/8/2004 4:13:13 AM)

Okay, I understand, I didn't quite see what you were talking about until now.... David (Ahead Software) will view this and give an answer when he reads it.... Cheers!

spearthrower -> RE: InCD and multiple accounts in Window XP (1/8/2004 5:38:35 PM)

I am not using "fast switching" between user accounts in XP home edition, and when someone is logging off my "visitor's" account, (limited account), the "Ending the Program....." message comes along, and INCD was not even used.

dburg -> RE: InCD and multiple accounts in Window XP (1/18/2004 5:15:11 PM)

I'm sorry to not have been read the forum for few weeks.

Yes, I confirm, one of our developer has broken the XP multi-user and fast user switching support of InCD! [:(!] (Someone starts running fast and far away to hide... [}:)]) Of course now that we have seen this, we have immediately work on fixing it and hopefully it will be repaired in next InCD web update. The engineer who work on resolving it is also currently checking the functionnality with limited right user account to not allow them to format or erase, but ensure they are still able to read and write already formatted media.

foxy -> RE: InCD and multiple accounts in Window XP (1/18/2004 9:07:32 PM)

David, thanks a lot for update. Could you post here as soon as the fixed version is available.

SynthesisDS -> RE: InCD and multiple accounts in Window XP (1/19/2004 8:21:43 AM)

That's good news. I'm anxiously awaiting the fix...

dburg -> RE: InCD and multiple accounts in Window XP (1/19/2004 11:33:18 PM)

Sure, I will add a news in this forum. Thanks for your patience.

SynthesisDS -> RE: InCD and multiple accounts in Window XP (1/29/2004 1:43:11 AM)

Here is the response I received today from Ahead tech support...

"We have been able to reproduce this multiuser issue. WE'll fix as soon as possible. But after I talked to developers I have to tell you that it will take while since this issue is very complex.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Ahead Software AG"

sp -> RE: InCD and multiple accounts in Window XP (1/30/2004 10:06:39 AM)

A nice, clear answer we would be glad to here from software makers more often...

SynthesisDS -> RE: InCD and multiple accounts in Window XP (1/30/2004 4:56:34 PM)

Yep. It took a few weeks to get a response, but at least they are honest when they do respond.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI