Hackers change tactics to crack open computers ! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News

SiliconFreak -> Hackers change tactics to crack open computers ! (11/23/2005 7:59:13 AM)

A major change in the methods used by hackers to break into computers has been revealed in a report issued by an influential research institute on Tuesday.

The study suggests that computer criminals have shifted attention away from bugs in operating system software, such as Microsoft's Windows platform, to focus on flaws in individual software packages.

Full story...

Source : NewScientist

flammable pyro -> RE: Hackers change tactics to crack open computers ! (11/29/2005 6:45:03 PM)

im sorry this is a litle off topic but can anyone here tell me why hackers do whats they do? what do they get out of sending viruses and screwing up computers is it all just because its fun or is there a biger motive behind it?

fernandes -> RE: Hackers change tactics to crack open computers ! (11/30/2005 1:50:26 AM)

I think its just to show to the world what dangerous holes the Operating Systems have..such as the Win XP and stuff :P
Or perhaps this is what gets them high :P

MP3Mogul -> RE: Hackers change tactics to crack open computers ! (11/30/2005 5:16:54 AM)

They do it for kicks mostly.  They are just as much a criminal as someone comitting crimes on the street.

flammable pyro -> RE: Hackers change tactics to crack open computers ! (11/30/2005 10:12:43 AM)

but there alot safer can ppl back track hackers ? i mean  how do we stop them if we cant find them

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI