Chinese Manufacturer Sells Fake Intel Pentium 4 Processors !!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News

SiliconFreak -> Chinese Manufacturer Sells Fake Intel Pentium 4 Processors !!! (11/16/2005 8:24:13 PM)

We have recently discovered that a chinese manufacturer is selling large quantities of fake Intel Pentium 4 CPUs. The manufacturer re-labels Intel Celeron CPUs and sells them, in a motherboard+CPU combo, as Pentium 4 2.8/3.6GHz original CPUs.

The chinese company even goes as far as providing a special patch that will "trick" the BIOS and Windows into recognizing the Celeron as a genuine Pentium 4.

We have evidence that such CPUs are now being sold in Israel, and probably made their way to other countries as well, we'd like you to spread the word about this alarming new phenomenon.

Here is the link to our article regarding this issue:
http://hwzone.co.il/archive.php?file=newsid1132177976,2284

You may also take a look at the manufacturer's site here:
http://chuanghui.en.alibaba.com/offerdetail/50846348/Sell_P4_MB_CPU_combo.html 

And look in this photo:
[image]local://upfiles/17750/9912245108404F40B3F78E2272CA0C6E.jpg[/image]

Source : HWZone.co.il

major9686 -> RE: Chinese Manufacturer Sells Fake Intel Pentium 4 Processors !!! (11/17/2005 5:57:43 AM)

ha ha .. you used the site Ive told you about as reference .. ;)
do you know hebrew mate ?

SiliconFreak -> RE: Chinese Manufacturer Sells Fake Intel Pentium 4 Processors !!! (11/17/2005 11:17:52 AM)

Hahahaha....funny coincidence i guess....so to clearify...no i dont know Hebrew...sorry....and also...we cooperate with HWZone for quite some time now....so in this case...they sent us news about those fake CPU's....I just posted them...ok? [:D][;)]

major9686 -> RE: Chinese Manufacturer Sells Fake Intel Pentium 4 Processors !!! (11/17/2005 11:33:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SiliconFreak

Hahahaha....funny coincidence i guess....so to clearify...no i dont know Hebrew...sorry....and also...we cooperate with HWZone for quite some time now....so in this case...they sent us news about those fake CPU's....I just posted them...ok? [:D][;)]

ok ;)
hmm .. I also visit there in their forums .. but I dont get much help there :( dont know why ...

SiliconFreak -> RE: Chinese Manufacturer Sells Fake Intel Pentium 4 Processors !!! (11/17/2005 11:56:23 AM)

Maybe they are just too busy with hunting fake Chinese CPU's lately...dont blame them...afterall thats good for all of us (potential new CPU buyers)...to prevent being cheated...[:D][:)]

major9686 -> RE: Chinese Manufacturer Sells Fake Intel Pentium 4 Processors !!! (11/17/2005 11:59:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SiliconFreak

Maybe they are just too busy with hunting fake Chinese CPU's lately...dont blame them...afterall thats good for all of us (potential new CPU buyers)...to prevent being cheated...[:D][:)]

Nah .. I mean other members and such ..
if only I knew if my CPU really runs that high on temp. or is it just sensor readin malfuncion .. :(

MP3Mogul -> RE: Chinese Manufacturer Sells Fake Intel Pentium 4 Processors !!! (11/17/2005 4:32:56 PM)

I tried to feed my P4 3.6 some rice but it didn't like it.... so it must be genuine... [;)]

SiliconFreak -> RE: Chinese Manufacturer Sells Fake Intel Pentium 4 Processors !!! (11/17/2005 7:05:43 PM)

ROTFL!!! [:D][:D][:D][;)]

So it isnt Chinese version huh? Dissapointed MP3Mogul? Guess not...hahahahaha

Anyway...please help major9686 with his problems around his temperature readings....what do you think its best to do?

Tony Veglis -> RE: Chinese Manufacturer Sells Fake Intel Pentium 4 Processors !!! (11/28/2005 6:40:31 AM)

..give the Chinese money and they will achieve anything

fernandes -> RE: Chinese Manufacturer Sells Fake Intel Pentium 4 Processors !!! (11/28/2005 6:46:06 AM)

mine has a black hood and kicks fast..it can also use smoke bombs to disappear in a blink of an eye :P

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI