Vista security an issue at show ! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> Security News

SiliconFreak -> Vista security an issue at show ! (11/16/2005 6:04:02 PM)

Microsoft has placed security as one of the top selling points for the Windows Vista OS, due out at the end of next year. But exactly how much more secure Vista will be than its predecessors is a point of concern here at the Microsoft IT Forum 2005 in Barcelona.

Vista will face an increasingly malicious online playing field, where it will be carefully probed by virus writers and hackers, said industry insiders here.

Banks haven't been able to completely stop bank robbers, said Amy Roberts, Microsoft's director of the Security Business and Technology Unit, but many of the new features in Vista will reduce the risk and ability for machines -- and their users -- to fall victim.

"I do think it will offer improved protection," Roberts said Wednesday during an interview at the Microsoft IT Forum 2005 in Barcelona.

And some security experts appear to agree that it has improved. Marcus Murray, senior security advisor for TrueSec, said he had seen Vista's security features under a nondisclosure agreement. While he did not elaborate on specifics, he said security was better, but warned that nothing is invulnerable. 

Full story...

Source : InfoWorld

major9686 -> RE: Vista security an issue at show ! (11/16/2005 6:07:01 PM)

question ..
Is Vista goin' to support x64bit ? or is it goin' to be only XP Pro x64 and Vista for x32 in the near future ?

cause microsoft said it will stop givin' support for x32 software .. in order to put pressure on companies so they will also support x64 .. :(

SiliconFreak -> RE: Vista security an issue at show ! (11/16/2005 6:36:35 PM)

sure it will....at least they say so...that it will support both...x32 and x64...but dont ask me more about it... ;-))

Here is short article...for more...just go to Microsoft's homepage...and search for Vista....there is plenty to see there... ;-)))

To assist enterprise customers planning to deploy PC systems before Windows Vista launches, Microsoft is working with computer manufacturers and some independent hardware vendors to provide detailed hardware guidelines designed to ensure that the following Windows XP systems shipping in 2005 will offer good performance and graphic experience on Windows Vista: 

"Designed for Windows XP" 32-bit PC systems with Windows XP OS, and 
"Designed for Windows XP x64 Edition" 64-bit PC systems with Windows XP x64 Edition OS

with 

A modern processor 
512MB of system memory or more, and 
A graphics processor that will support Windows Vista Display Driver Model

PC systems with GPUs that do not support Windows Vista Display Driver Model will only be able to provide a Windows XP-comparable desktop graphics experience, with regards to features, stability and performance.

Hopefully that answers your question...YES...YES...and YES...will support x32 and x64...[;)]

major9686 -> RE: Vista security an issue at show ! (11/16/2005 6:53:54 PM)

so now the only question left is ..
should I buy a Graphic card now ?
or wait 2-3 months til Oblivion comes out and then buy a new card that come out then .. or to buy some card that is availble now but will be cheaper ...
or .. wait til vista will be out and buy some card that will run smoothly with it ?
;)

SiliconFreak -> RE: Vista security an issue at show ! (11/16/2005 7:22:23 PM)

Golder rule here is WAIT! [:D] At least if you have time...cause there will be more products in the future...faster....better ones...and also cheaper....so you will get more for less $$$ for sure...so wait....btw...until Vista will be out...there will be some little guy walking around you and calling you "hey grandfather what will we be playing with today..."....[8D][:D][:)] (well hopefully it will be out sooner....but dont forget...it Microsoft we are talking about here...hahahahahaha...[:D]

major9686 -> RE: Vista security an issue at show ! (11/17/2005 3:11:36 AM)

yeah .. you right ..
but for Oblivion I wanna wait .. cause I wanna get a graphic card that will run this game smoothly .. and perfectly .. ;) and bethesda havent release system req. spec. yet :(

SiliconFreak -> RE: Vista security an issue at show ! (11/17/2005 11:14:18 AM)

[:)][;)]

I believe you cant miss much if you buy some GeForce7800GTX 512 or X1800XT....[:D][8D]

major9686 -> RE: Vista security an issue at show ! (11/17/2005 11:34:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SiliconFreak

[:)][;)]

I believe you cant miss much if you buy some GeForce7800GTX 512 or X1800XT....[:D][8D]

If I was only rich .. and had some money to spend on that ..
but ... Im not :(
hmm .. what do you think of the TurboCharged 6200 ? or the X700 or X1300Pro ?

SiliconFreak -> RE: Vista security an issue at show ! (11/17/2005 11:54:28 AM)

6200 no way....X700....maybe....X1300...dont know....[:)]

By my opinion...if you have limited budget....then at least go for 6600GT....great card for afordable price...or maybe some X800XT...or X850XT...prices should go down soon...because of the new X1xxx series...[;)]

major9686 -> RE: Vista security an issue at show ! (11/17/2005 11:58:07 AM)

quote:

6200 no way....X700....maybe....X1300...dont know....[:)]

By my opinion...if you have limited budget....then at least go for 6600GT....great card for afordable price...or maybe some X800XT...or X850XT...prices should go down soon...because of the new X1xxx series...[;)]

well I think I will wait til that happen ..
cause here those cards are more like middle-high than for low\cheap .. :(
Its really hard to live here where everything is sooo expensive and all the taxes :(
bah ... My last graphic card was Leadtek GF4 4200Ti 128MB AGPx4 MyVIVO
so .. if I get a new card ... I want it to be better than this one ..
and so far .. the x1300 looks preaty good ..
hope some1 here will do a review on it ..

SiliconFreak -> RE: Vista security an issue at show ! (11/17/2005 12:14:05 PM)

ask emperor about review of X1300....[;)]

and if it is like you said...then almost every new card on the market today is better than Ti4200 for sure! so whichever you buy...it will be better...[;)]

but since you mentioned you wanna play some new upcomming game....i though it will have state of the art graphics...and thus that you also need TOP GUN GRAPHICS CARD....[8D][:D] but i was wrong wasnt i? [;)]

major9686 -> RE: Vista security an issue at show ! (11/17/2005 12:17:45 PM)

quote:

ask emperor about review of X1300....[;)]

and if it is like you said...then almost every new card on the market today is better than Ti4200 for sure! so whichever you buy...it will be better...[;)]

but since you mentioned you wanna play some new upcomming game....i though it will have state of the art graphics...and thus that you also need TOP GUN GRAPHICS CARD....[8D][:D] but i was wrong wasnt i? [;)]

well .. if I only knew the requirement for The Elder Scrolls 4 ; Oblivion .. :(
even the min. req.

and do you mind askin' him(emperor) ? I dont really know him so .. (actually I dont know him at all)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI