Is my ND-6500A Broken or I can fix it with a new firmware ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> NEC

mmbruno -> Is my ND-6500A Broken or I can fix it with a new firmware ? (11/10/2005 9:47:09 PM)

Hi, I've recently bougth a HP ZV6000 Notebook that came with a NECDVD+-RW ND-6500A, well so far so good, but the day before yeasterday my notbook stopped read some DVDs that i've Burned not on it, evey time that I put theses dvd's on the drive, the windows play dialog keep saying: Blank DVD, and when I go to Windows Explorer, there's nothing at DVD Folder, but when I use DVDINFOPRO, the size of the DVD is 0, but the Label display the name that I put on that dvd.
Another thing, I'venever been able to burn a DVD in this computer at 8x,only a 4x, even if Nero showed me that he was ripping at 8x. Is this normal on this drive ?
Last thing. Changind my firmware will solve these problems ?My firmware until now is 2.81.

Thanks !

Antonio -> RE: Is my ND-6500A Broken or I can fix it with a new firmware ? (11/11/2005 2:34:01 AM)

Welcome!

A newer firmware might help, however if you have InCD installed this might be the reason of the problem.[:)]

mmbruno -> RE: Is my ND-6500A Broken or I can fix it with a new firmware ? (11/11/2005 7:14:05 AM)

Hi Antonio ! Last night I tried some firmwares that i've found at this site, but none have solved my problem. I'm beginning  to think that the problem is my dvd_+drive. Well, there are some firmwares that I didn't tried yet. Gonna try they and see what happens... Thanks for the help !

Antonio -> RE: Is my ND-6500A Broken or I can fix it with a new firmware ? (11/11/2005 4:56:36 PM)

"...Blank DVD, and when I go to Windows Explorer, there's nothing at DVD Folder..." this sounds like a packet writing software is installed on your pc.[;)]

mmbruno -> RE: Is my ND-6500A Broken or I can fix it with a new firmware ? (11/12/2005 2:16:14 PM)

But what software ? I've already formated my pc since the first time when the problem appeared and nothing has changed... Man, i'm getting dissapointed with this pc....

Antonio -> RE: Is my ND-6500A Broken or I can fix it with a new firmware ? (11/12/2005 7:57:32 PM)

try Nero 6.6.0.16

the speed issue 8X at 4X is probably a firmware issue where the drive had to slow down in order to successfully burn the disc. A better media brand would help.

What media do you have?

mmbruno -> RE: Is my ND-6500A Broken or I can fix it with a new firmware ? (11/13/2005 1:44:07 PM)

I'm using a media called DotCom ahahaha, but yesterday I tried burn a LG-RW media and after the process the dvd was lost. I looked at the downside of the dvd and the part where was burned was not the beginning of the dvd... it was burnned nearlly the middle...

Man...it's normal to this device cause such problem after some time ? well, i'm with this nes pc since 20 days ago and last week the problems begun to appear...

Tanks for helping me !

Antonio -> RE: Is my ND-6500A Broken or I can fix it with a new firmware ? (11/14/2005 1:38:54 AM)

try a decent media brand...before any further conclusion [:D]

emperor -> RE: Is my ND-6500A Broken or I can fix it with a new firmware ? (11/16/2005 4:01:10 AM)

remove all CDR software and reboot, see if this has fixed the problem, else remove from the IDE channel the device and reboot, windows should re-install it automatically

mmbruno -> RE: Is my ND-6500A Broken or I can fix it with a new firmware ? (11/16/2005 7:32:24 AM)

Ok emperor, ganna try this then tell you what happened, thanks !

mmbruno -> RE: Is my ND-6500A Broken or I can fix it with a new firmware ? (11/16/2005 7:33:02 AM)

Man, i've tried some other midias and nothing... it can burn a dvd sometimes but cannot read it...

Antonio -> RE: Is my ND-6500A Broken or I can fix it with a new firmware ? (11/16/2005 10:57:25 AM)

In your case I would give it a try with a different firmware, even a previous version.

mmbruno -> RE: Is my ND-6500A Broken or I can fix it with a new firmware ? (11/18/2005 11:45:18 PM)

Hi Antonio and Emperor, i tried erything that you said, but my problems insists to be... is not my drive the problem, it's posssible that the cannon is disaligned ? if it was, maybe thats the problem, isn't ?

Antonio -> RE: Is my ND-6500A Broken or I can fix it with a new firmware ? (11/19/2005 6:18:13 AM)

"...it's posssible that the cannon is disaligned ? if it was, maybe thats the problem, isn't ?..."

sorry my english is not too good.[&o] I cannot understand this.[:)]

mmbruno -> RE: Is my ND-6500A Broken or I can fix it with a new firmware ? (11/26/2005 7:38:41 AM)

Hi Antonio, Emperor, I've been working a lot so I hadn't been able to write in the past few days...
Well, what I tried to ask was if isn't my DVD-RW Laser cannon malfunctioning, I thinking in something like the cannon been not aligned anymore or the device that reads dvd been broken... Maybe is it, isn't ?

[]'s ?

Sorry about my english !

Antonio -> RE: Is my ND-6500A Broken or I can fix it with a new firmware ? (11/26/2005 8:43:51 AM)

If different firmware and decent media cannot help you, before conclude that you need another drive try to set it on a different PC, if possible. If still the same RMA it.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI