audio quality of DVD writers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Writing Quality

boc -> audio quality of DVD writers (11/5/2003 12:53:39 PM)

Hi,

how is it with quality of audio data writen with DVD recorders ?
Which DVD recorder is good for writing audio data ?

boc

sp -> RE: audio quality of DVD writers (11/6/2003 10:28:06 AM)

I hear some of the moderators suggesting the LiteOn's.
I expect they will tell us more on this soon...

Dolphinius_Rex -> RE: audio quality of DVD writers (11/6/2003 4:34:25 PM)

Well, I have personally had quite a bit of luck with the LiteON 401s DVD-Writer, but to be fair, I almost never burn audio CDs. If you take a brief look at the reviews we have offered here, you can see that there are jitter tests done on CD-Rs burned in the various DVD recorders reviewed by this site. These tests are what you want to keep your eyes on, since they will greatly affect the compatability of the discs you burn. I believe the Plextor 708a shows the absolute lowest jitter values, and the Optotrite DD0203 and LiteON 401s come in slightly behind it. It is too bad that we have yet to see a Yamaha DVD drive (with Audio Mastering abilities) so far.... it would be nice if they would re-join the industry in this way, because then it would be easy to suggest a drive for you!

burninfool -> RE: audio quality of DVD writers (11/7/2003 5:30:57 AM)

My Optorite DD0203 is noisy but it burns an audio CD with little C1 or C2 errors using TY or MCC media(tested with CDSpeed and KProbe).I normally use my Lite-On LTR-52246S to write CD's.

sp -> RE: audio quality of DVD writers (11/7/2003 11:54:17 AM)

It is indeed a big loss Yamaha's ubsense from the newer developements in the CD/DVD area.
Unfortunately, as it has been posted in the news section of this site, it seems Yamaha is quickly abandoning other consumer PC sections as well...

MP3Mogul -> RE: audio quality of DVD writers (11/7/2003 11:39:05 PM)

SP, I definately agree with you 100 percent. However, don't count "Yamaha" out of the DVD market quite yet, I have this on "very" good information! [:D]

Laffin Assassin -> RE: audio quality of DVD writers (11/7/2003 11:46:50 PM)

I wonder where you got this Information from !!! [:D][;)]

Dolphinius_Rex -> RE: audio quality of DVD writers (11/8/2003 12:43:33 AM)

Although I have no information to back this up on, I have a strong feeling that Yamaha hasn't completely pulled out. They haven't been doing that much lately, and that says to me that they are holding back for a big surprise release.... well that or they're quietly going bankrupt...[:I]

Laffin Assassin -> RE: audio quality of DVD writers (11/8/2003 1:07:09 AM)

Why would they go bankrupt it was only a sideline for them and as soon as they knew there was going to be a lull they pulled out !!! [:D][:D]

Dolphinius_Rex -> RE: audio quality of DVD writers (11/8/2003 4:55:03 AM)

I don't think Yamaha is going bankrupt, in fact I think that idea is crazy, which is exactly why I think they are planning some big release that they are keeping tightly under lock and key [:D]

MP3Mogul -> RE: audio quality of DVD writers (11/8/2003 5:16:51 AM)

Laffin,

You are "right" on target, and as far as Yamaha going "bankrupt" LMMFAO!!!!!!!!!! that's not going to happen......... Let's see what develops......... but I can tell you....... it will not be long!!!!!!!!!

sp -> RE: audio quality of DVD writers (11/10/2003 6:23:41 PM)

I certainly do not like to see Yamaha going bankrupt. And I have heard no info leading to this conclusion.

I just know for sure that they are out of the CD/DVD business and their PC/audio department seems to follow, based on what I have heard.

If it is to come back, then they should change completely their business model. Yamaha seems to not like Taiwanesee manufacturers, they believe they will have small profits by working with them. So, they will have to come back with something big that will allow them to not compete with the chinese at least for a couple of years.

Laffin Assassin -> RE: audio quality of DVD writers (11/10/2003 9:29:13 PM)

"well that or they're quietly going bankrupt"
It is just one of Dolphin's Guess's again and as usual he is wrong !!! [:D]

MP3Mogul -> RE: audio quality of DVD writers (11/10/2003 10:26:51 PM)

I have it on "VERY" good authority [:p] that Yamaha is working on a large project, that time will show. [;)]

Dolphinius_Rex -> RE: audio quality of DVD writers (11/11/2003 11:03:42 AM)

quote:
Originally posted by Laffin Assassin

"well that or they're quietly going bankrupt"
It is just one of Dolphin's Guess's again and as usual he is wrong !!! [:D]

It was not a guess, it was included in the post because it was obviously not a realistic possability, and therefor added credence to the idea that Yamaha *IS* building up for a big surprise release, which I have been suspecting for quite some time now.

Laffin Assassin -> RE: audio quality of DVD writers (11/11/2003 8:45:43 PM)

Where was your Source for such Information [?][:)]

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI