swapping a dvd writer from a toshiba laptop to a dell laptop (Full Version)

All Forums >> [In-House] >> Introduce Yourself

westkingwolf -> swapping a dvd writer from a toshiba laptop to a dell laptop (7/13/2005 1:25:19 PM)

Hey everyone,
i've just been given a dell laptop.
i previously had a toshiba satelite on which i changed the dvd rom to a dvd writer
the dell has a dvd rom/ cd writter combo
i wanted to swap the two over,
i've managed to take the drive out of the toshiba but i can't seam to do it on the dell
does anyone have any ideas

Iggy -> RE: swapping a dvd writer from a toshiba laptop to a dell laptop (7/13/2005 2:02:54 PM)

Do you have problems with the bezel? Normally if you remove the bezel from the drive, your dvd writer should fit in your new laptop.

MP3Mogul -> RE: swapping a dvd writer from a toshiba laptop to a dell laptop (7/13/2005 6:51:22 PM)

Iggy is absolutely correct, and I have seen many instances where people have "trimmed" the bezel to make it flush and fit correctly.

westkingwolf -> RE: swapping a dvd writer from a toshiba laptop to a dell laptop (7/16/2005 4:00:31 AM)

i could manage all that i beleive, but i haven't got that far yet.
i just can't seam to manage to get the drive out of the dell.
with the toshiba, you just take the keypad off and unscrew the two screws, and the drive is out.
on the dell i've done all that but just can't seam to manage anything.
thanks for any help

Iggy -> RE: swapping a dvd writer from a toshiba laptop to a dell laptop (7/16/2005 6:52:46 AM)

Are there any clips holding the drive? I mean there should be either clips or screws. From my short experience on Dell PCs, not notebooks, everything has been made for easy installation and vice versa.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI