CDRInfoPro Advert Version (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> DVDInfoPro

scaison -> CDRInfoPro Advert Version (3/15/2005 9:29:47 PM)

I downloaded this several times. Every time I try to run it it asks me to purchase. It does not seem to be the free version, although the zip file I downloaded is:

dvdinfoproadvert.zip

What do I have to do to run it successfully. When I open it it says I don't have the latest version. When I click the "Download latest version" box I get a message saying I have the latest version. Then I click OK and the program ends.

KenW -> RE: CDRInfoPro Advert Version (3/15/2005 9:35:30 PM)

nic W will release a new update this week, if all goes well, wait for that if it still does not load, we will have to look into it more.

zebra -> RE: CDRInfoPro Advert Version (3/15/2005 10:32:12 PM)

New version due out in a couple of hours! :-D

Matthew -> RE: CDRInfoPro Advert Version (3/16/2005 5:15:38 PM)

While I appreciate the ads are relatively benign, why put up with any?

Unless you have a drive that is supported by DVD Info Pro and not by CDspeed (I'll do Nic the decency of not linking it here, but just search for cdspeed2000), then why not take the other option...

CDspeed has no ads at all (unless you count the Nero branding) and does not time out or expire.
As a regular in the alt.comp.freeware newsgroup, I do tend to be rather picky - Cdspeed would be accepted there - I'll nominate it for "pricelessware" next time, I'm surprised nobody has yet, while DVD Info Pro would get a rather frosty reception ... "harmless adware" is a foot in the door for the kind of garbage that takes ages to clean.

zebra -> RE: CDRInfoPro Advert Version (3/16/2005 7:32:58 PM)

Hi Matthew,

I think there is something overlooked here. DVDInfoPro has other capabilities, that are entirely different from CDSpeed. The two bits of software do not really compete anymore. They are designed for different users, with different mindsets - who have different needs within a functionality set.

It is our opinion that the two articles can co-exist, so we make a point these days of not paying too much attention to the "bashers" etc. Rather, we take into account the constructive critisisms which are VIABLE within the paradigm of COMMERCIAL SOFTWARE ENGINEERING.

Hope that clears it up a little for you.

Matthew -> RE: CDRInfoPro Advert Version (3/18/2005 5:50:14 PM)

OK, it does in ONE program and for a variety of drives, what would need several programs that may be more drive specific.

Yes, I'll be using CDSpeed to scan, Nero Infotool to read Info, DVD Identifier to identify blank media, and some may be happier to have it in one tool.

Mind you, I'm getting a system with a Pioneer, not sure if it's 108 or 109, so I might find that DIP does have something to offer me, if there's a gap in the other tools

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI