The Desk Set For Daily Use ! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [News Around The Web] >> General Computing News

SiliconFreak -> The Desk Set For Daily Use ! (3/9/2005 2:44:59 PM)

The Trust DS-3300X Wireless Optical Deskset, with an extremely flat and modern design, has many extra function keys and an ergonomic mouse with a rubber top layer for the perfect grip.

Dordrecht (the Netherlands), March 2005 - Computers play an increasingly more important role in our daily lives. People sit for hours working behind a computer whilst both hands constantly use the mouse and the keyboard. It is often forgotten that it is an extremely good idea to have a good and easy to use desk set which is ergonomic and which ensures the correct freedom of movement. These are the main properties of the Trust DS-3300X Wireless Optical Deskset (www.trust.com/14160), which guarantees ease of use. Both the keyboard and the mouse work via wireless radio technology (27 MHz) via a receiver which is integrated in the mouse cradle. The mouse and the keyboard can be used up to a maximum distance of 2 metres from the receiver.

The keyboard has a number of functions which make work easier. There are, for example, 16 extra keys for direct access to Internet, multimedia and Office applications, 3 Windows function keys and a scroll wheel with an integrated button so that programs can be quickly operated on the computer. The keyboard also has a multimedia mode with functions such as starting the e-mail application, starting the Internet browser or starting the CD player, as well as a volume control. There are also indicators on the keyboard which show when the Num Lock, Caps Lock and Scroll Lock are used, as well as an indicator which shows the status of the batteries. If desired, the palm rest can be easily connected to the keyboard.

The receiver, which is integrated in the mouse cradle, uses ID-connect technology with 256 different wireless ID codes so that there is no interference from other wireless devices. The mouse can be stored in the cradle at any time. The cradle charges the batteries, even when the computer is turned off. The ergonomic design of the 5-button mouse and the rubber top layer provide a very comfortable grip and the two special function buttons on the side ensure simple surfing on the Internet. The optical sensor technology, with a resolution of 800 DPI, guarantees accurate registration of any movements and a low use of batteries power. The software allows the user to configure the scroll wheel and the buttons as desired.

The Trust DS-3300X Wireless Optical Deskset, which is fully Windows Plug & Play compatible, comes supplied with a USB to PS/2 adapter, a power adapter, a palm rest, two AA alkaline batteries for the keyboard, two rechargeable NiMH batteries for the mouse, a CD-ROM containing drivers and software, and a multi-language instruction manual. The desk set will be available from the middle of March.

Source : Trust

[image]local://upfiles/17750/3E1ADD8534DB470E8B6CC517BD59E7E2.jpg[/image]

MP3Mogul -> RE: The Desk Set For Daily Use ! (3/9/2005 4:51:29 PM)

Strange how that keyboard and mouse looks like my Logitech set! [:D]

SiliconFreak -> RE: The Desk Set For Daily Use ! (3/9/2005 5:43:04 PM)

Hahaha...just try to scratch those Logitech logos from your set....I bet you will soon discover the truth...and the truth is "TRUST"....but dont TRUST me...rather TRUST your instict next time you buy new set...[8D][:D][;)]

MP3Mogul -> RE: The Desk Set For Daily Use ! (3/9/2005 7:17:59 PM)

I wouldn't doubt it, because they are "Identical"

SiliconFreak -> RE: The Desk Set For Daily Use ! (3/10/2005 9:59:49 AM)

[8D][:)]

I just hope You havent paid more than € 34,95 for Your "Logitech" set...[:D]...because thats the current price of this TRUST's set...and since Logitech's products are usually more expensive than TRUST's...it would be shame to pay much more for (as you said), identical product...[8D][;)]

Cooler -> RE: The Desk Set For Daily Use ! (3/18/2005 11:07:42 PM)

What good is wireless set if you have to keep changing batteries? Not with mouse on this set, but keyboard? [:D]
Next time... how about extending the idea of recharging to keyboard, too?

SiliconFreak -> RE: The Desk Set For Daily Use ! (3/19/2005 10:43:07 AM)

Thats true Cooler....bateries may be a "problem" here...thats why I personally dont use such EyeCandy sets...[8D][:D][;)]

How about even better idea...to invent some kind of wireless recharger for such devices!? [:)][:D] But then again...even if such recharger could be invented...who would protect its users from potential stealing of power-electricity by their neighbours with same devices...haahhahahaha...[8D]

Lets just stick with those DAM* wires for some time...[:D]

Matthew -> RE: The Desk Set For Daily Use ! (3/19/2005 5:51:04 PM)

Keyboard battery life should not be as much of a problem as the mouse - on second thought, do they put a caps lock LED on the keyboard?

I was just thinking the keybord would only use a squirt of power on each press, while the mouse has LED and sensor on unless it's asleep.

New PC has a cordless set, but I can see myself replacing it soon, or using NiMH if it'll run on it!

MP3Mogul -> RE: The Desk Set For Daily Use ! (3/20/2005 6:17:30 AM)

I use NiMI on my keyboard, and generally, the batteries last about 3 months without replacing, yes it has all of the lights, CAPS LOCK, SCROLL LOCK, and NUM LOCK. It's very good on rechargies.

Cooler -> RE: The Desk Set For Daily Use ! (3/23/2005 11:18:27 AM)

One could think that wireless recharging could very well be possible by using induction loop. OTOH, maybe LED's should be replaced with indicators on display and thereby making keyboard less power hungry... [8D][:D]

semo -> RE: The Desk Set For Daily Use ! (3/23/2005 11:36:28 AM)

or just go back to good old wires.

i had a logitech wireless desktop set and i had to replace the batteries on the mouse every 1.5 months at a cost of about £1.50 and the whole thing cost £70 to buy... at least the keyboard didn't have the numlock and all those leds (they were on the rx unit) so i had to replace the batteries only 1 in a year (or two).

now i just bought a slim newman keyboard and a mouse with wires which cost me about £7.00 and really like the thin keys on keyboard and the mouse is alot more responsive and doesn't need waking up every time i leave the pc for a few minutes...

wires all the way is what i say (i'm sure any gamer here will agree with me here)

SiliconFreak -> RE: The Desk Set For Daily Use ! (3/23/2005 5:57:21 PM)

Yes semo...I agree...being hardcore games as I am [8D][8D][8D]...I totally agree...[8D][:D]...WIRESSSSSSSS...along with ACT OF WAR game....some 21" or at least 19" monitor...5.1 surround system... = TOTAL SATISFACTION....[8D][:D]

semo -> RE: The Desk Set For Daily Use ! (3/23/2005 6:34:35 PM)

total satisfaction, i think we agreed, can only be achieved through the ownership of a phat 80" monitor [;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI